IMPORTANT, Last updated March 08 2010.
2. Description of Website and the Services
We may add, change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website and/or the Services at any time without notice. We may also impose limits on certain features and/or restrict access to parts of or all of the Properties without notice or liability to you or any third party.
In order to use the Website, you must obtain access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the Internet, including a computer and modem or other access device.
3. Intellectual Property Ownership; Licence
4. Links to Other Websites
5. Acceptable Use
You will not use the Properties to:
- 1. Upload
o 2. information, software, content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright (including, offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial registration numbers for software programs, rights management information or any type of cracker utilities), trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other proprietary right;
o 3. material of any kind that contains a virus, Trojan horse, time bombs, worms, spyware, adware, malware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful component or restricts or inhibits any other user's uninhibited use and enjoyment of the Properties, interferes with, overburdens, impairs or disrupts the Properties or servers or networks connected to the Properties, or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Properties;
o 4. information or material of any kind that is false or misleading or that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact, including, without limitation, by forging any TCP/IP packet header, any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website, or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or from the Website; or
o 5. any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, requests for money, petitions for signature, or any other form of solicitation.
- 2. Encourage
- 3. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- 4. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue
- 5. Stalk
- 6. Use or attempt to use another
- 7. Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers
- 8. Undertake any commercial purpose or activity without the prior written consent of Racing Leagues
You represent, warrant and agree that you will comply with the above acceptable use requirements. Racing Leagues reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any user's account or take such other action as Racing Leagues sees fit in relation to any user who breaches the acceptable use policy or any of the other terms set forth herein. In extreme cases or as required by law or regulation, Racing Leagues reserves the right to take court action and/or report users to the relevant authorities.
6. User Accounts, Additional Terms, Subscriptions
If you choose to provide information to the Website, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information. If you create a user account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, if any, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access any password-protected portion of the Website or other Properties using your name, user name or password in whole or in part.
You may be able to purchase a subscription for certain additional features of the Website and Services. You may only order subscriptions if you are considered capable of entering into an enforceable contract in the applicable jurisdiction. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent or by other payment means acceptable to Racing Leagues.
7. Copyrights and Copyright Agents
Racing Leagues aim to respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work (or the work of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act) has been copied, used, or made available on or through the Racing Leagues Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement of your intellectual property, please provide our copyright agent with a copyright infringement notice ("Notice") which should include the following written information:
- 1. a statement that you have identified material on the Website which infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act
- 2. identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- 3. identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled
- 4. your full name
- 5. a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner
- 6. a statement by you that the information in the Notice is accurate
- 7. a physical or electronic signature (which may be a scanned copy) of a person authorized to act on behalf of owner of the work that is allegedly infringed.
For notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding the Website, please contact:
8. Information You Submit
From time to time, the Properties may contain functionality through which you can upload or submit information, data, messages, photographs, text and other materials to, through or on the Website ("Your Upload Information"). For example, the Website may offer blogs or other interactive areas ("User Comment Areas"). Racing Leagues do not endorse the content posted in User Comment Areas. Racing Leagues reserves the right, but is not obligated, to delete, move or edit Your Upload Information, in whole or in part, submitted by you for any reason in their sole discretion. Racing Leagues reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and pursue all legal remedies if we believe your Upload Information infringes another's rights or otherwise violates any law, rule or regulation. You acknowledge and agree that you are prohibited from accepting payment for Your Upload Information from any third party, including, without limitation, accepting payment for the inclusion of a logo, brand advertising or other commercial content, in Your Upload Information.
All of Your Upload Information is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not Racing Leagues, are entirely responsible for all of Your Upload Information that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website. Racing Leagues actively discourages you from uploading information or content without their express prior consent. If you post personal information on publicly available areas of the Website, then you may receive unsolicited messages from third parties. Racing Leagues cannot ensure the security of any information you supply on publicly available areas of the Website. Under no circumstances will Racing Leagues be liable in any way for any of Your Upload Information including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in Your Upload Information, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of Your Upload Information.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
RACING LEAGUES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS THE PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PROPERTIES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE PROPERTIES OR THE CONTENT.
12. Governing Law
You are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Properties and the Content, including, without limitation, those governing your transmission or use of any software or data.
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: February 8, 2014
1. By entering F1 League through the website located at http://www.racing-leagues.co.uk and associated domains, you are bound to play within the Terms & Conditions of the Game as specified by Racing Leagues.
2. Entries must be received before the official scheduled start of a race to score points from that race.
3. There is no entry fee for the game, other fees will be granted a full refund if requested with a valid reason and are made seven days after purchase on which additions implemented with said payments will be cancelled.
4. Entries are limited to one per sport per email address.
5. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted and will be removed.
6. Racing Leagues reserves the right to remove team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be altered to the name of the team's account holder.
7. Racing Leagues will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the driver and constructor lists, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any driver or constructor not included on the published list. New drivers may be added by Racing Leagues once the season commences if a team replaces a driver for any reason. Driver and constructor prices are in no way a true reflection of real-life values.
8. Entrants will score points as documented under the rules page which can change without notice at the discretion of Racing Leagues.
9. Unlimited team changes are permitted prior to the first race of the season and all changes made are effective immediately. After the start of the first race of the season you will be permitted to make a total of 7 free changes. Changes made before the official scheduled start of a race will score points for that race.
10. The rules and point structure are all copyright Racing Leagues. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Racing Leagues.
11. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Racing Leagues, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the Terms & Conditions of the Game.
12. Any site users found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Racing Leagues will be immediately removed from the system and have any payments cancelled. Such users will have no recourse to any refunds and Racing Leagues reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
13. Racing Leagues has the right to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.
This document refers to privacy and personal information relating to www.racing-leagues.co.uk and associated properties and services. At Racing Leagues we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Information We Collect
In using our website and associated services, we may collect and process the following data about you:
i. Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data.
ii. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered with the site.
ii. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store related to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- i. To provide you with information requested from us
- ii. To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- iii. To notify you about any changes to our website
Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you, or you have chosen, a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
We may only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- i. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- ii. To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £5, which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.